The diabetes online community is a great place to turn for support from around the world at any hour of the day or night. But sometimes it’s just as great to sit down face to face with someone who gets what you are going through. So this month we discussed the idea of local support and asked you to tell us what you’d like to see in a diabetes “support” group. Here are some thoughts:
- Stephen has some great ideas about what a support group should consist of – and has begun trying to find it!!
- Briley shares how easy it was to start up a local “support” group of her own!!
- Emma would love a support group filled with various types of diabetes and those diagnosed at all different ages, so she could learn of different experiences.
- Sysy has some great ideas for her ideal support group utopia!
- MelissaBL has found herself disappointed by local support groups, but draws on experience from DOC meetups to explain what she’d like a local support group to feel like.
As always, there were more great posts submitted than we could cover in this round-up, so click over to the blog carnival page for the link to the full list of posts. Didn’t quite get a chance to submit your post this month? Go ahead and write it anyway and leave your link in the April Blog Carnival comments section so we can check it out!
And don’t forget to check back here on Thursday when we’ll announce the topic for the May DSMA Blog Carnival!