For our April Blog Carnival we discussed “Life stages with diabetes”. We wanted to know how relationships with other people help inspire you to take care of yourself. Here’s what you said about your inspirations:
- Mike knew right away he wanted to be around for his wife, but also for himself. Read about how his own “Helter Skelter” life inspires him and enjoy the great quote he’s included at the end of the post.
- Amy had trouble getting started on her post. But luckily, she found the words to tell us about getting inspiration from the on-line community.
- Ashley Rose explains when her relationships didn’t inspire her to take care of herself, her own desire to be healthy led her to end some “toxic” relationships.
- Simon confides that he had hit rock bottom when he discovered the D-OC and was inspired to turn things around.
- Sam talks about how her inspirations have varied over the years – including her parents, school nurse, doctor and her awesome partner.
Once again, there are many more great posts you shouldn’t miss, so click over to the blog carnival tab to find the link to the full list of posts submitted. Didn’t quite get a chance to submit your post this month? Go ahead and write it anyway and leave your link in the April Blog Carnival comments section so we can check it out!
And don’t forget to check back here on Thursday when we’ll announce the topic for the May DSMA Blog Carnival