For our first DSMA Blog Carnival, we asked you to tell us the most awesome thing you have done in spite of diabetes. And let me tell you, the D-OC is one awesome and inspiring bunch! As a group, you have participated in any sport imaginable, had sweet little babies, traveled the world, faced down fears and doubts, helped your kids with diabetes lead “normal” lives – and just lived life to it’s fullest!!!
- Briley qualified for the Golden Heroes race and ran 10 1/2 miles to raise money for diabetes.
- Dawn faced real cupcakes, Lenny’s solo visits to his grandparents, and wresting and came out stronger for it.
- Erin shares her incredible story of living in Ghana for three months, complete with tales of frozen insulin and more.
- Bob P turned a chronic illness diagnosis into an opportunity to live a healthier life.
- Haley tackles juggling high school (which is hard enough on it’s own) and diabetes.
- Nerdy April sums up exactly what it means to live in spite of diabetes.
These are just a handful of the many inspiring posts submitted this month. You can find a link to the full list of posts submitted over on the blog carnival tab. If the month flew by before you got around to writing your post (like it did for me, the ultimate procrastinator) feel free to write one anyway and submit your link in the comments. (I’m going to do that this afternoon, I swear!!)
And don’t forget to check back here on Thursday when we’ll announce the topic for the March DSMA Blog Carnival!