As patients or caregivers in the DOC, we can learn a lot from each other. But this month, we’re thinking about what medical professionals can learn from our patient community. With that in mind, we asked you to tell us what diabetes professionals and health care providers can learn from the DOC. Here is what you think can be learned . . . .
- Beth gives us the top three things she’s learned from the DOC, and she thinks her HCPs should learn them also.
- Danie suggests that by taking a peek at the DOC, medical professional would understand how individual we all are.
- Stephen thinks the DOC can help HCPs look beyond the numbers and see what everyday life is likewith a chronic illness.
- Alanna lists a few things that medical professionals can learn from the DOC, like support and empowerment.
- Rachel shares a frustrating appointment she had recently and speaks of the DOC could give HCPs a glimpse of what we go through in our daily diabetes lives.
As always, there were more great posts submitted than we could cover in this round-up, so click over to the blog carnival page for the link to the full list of posts. Didn’t quite get a chance to submit your post this month? Go ahead and write it anyway and leave your link in the October Blog Carnival comments section so we can check it out!
And don’t forget to check back here on Thursday when we’ll announce the topic for the November DSMA Blog Carnival!