Living with diabetes can be tough, and winter depression can make it even tougher. As we trudge toward spring, we wanted to know your ideas for combating depression in our community during the winter. Here’s some of what you had to say:
- Marie explains that focusing on her five senses can help banish depression.
- Scott gives an honest account of how diabetes made him feel while growing up and what parents can do to help their children avoid the same emotional toll.
- Advisory Board member Sara reminds us that the little things are a big deal when dealing with depression.
- Kate talks about depression in her family and explains how sharing can help a person overcome it.
- Rachel observes that when the going gets rough many of our on-line friends will disappear, and reminds us how important it is to be there for them.
- Jess spills her guts about her struggles with depression lately and reminds us how important it is to remember we are never alone.
As always, there were more great posts submitted than we could cover in this round-up, so click over to the blog carnival page for the link to the full list of posts. Didn’t quite get a chance to submit your post this month? Go ahead and write it anyway and leave your link in the February Blog Carnival comments sectionso we can check it out!
And don’t forget to check back here on Thursday when we’ll announce the topic for the March DSMA Blog Carnival!