For our August Blog Carnival we challenged you to brainstorm on how we can help those in need and to talk about the lack of diabetes education, supplies and insulin for PWD’s living here and in other countries and what we can do. Here is what you came up with:
- Bob speaks from personal experience about the need for more educational support for newly diagnosed Type 2s and why better education is so crucial.
- Sara speaks about her time in Haiti and reminds us to keep speaking out.
- Kelly Booth speaks about the lack of diabetes education and shares a terrific idea for giving heath care providers insight on what living with diabetes is really like, as well as some tips we can all use the help educate those we meet.
- Ronnie Gregory shares how he found the diabetes cause that he feels a deep connection to and invites us to follow his efforts to do more.
- Aliza’s look at the costs for insulin, needles, test strips and lancets inspired her to begin a mission to find places to donate some extra supplies to help those in need.
As always, you can click over to the blog carnival tab for the link to the full list of posts submitted. Didn’t quite get a chance to submit your post this month? Go ahead and write it anyway and leave your link in the August Blog Carnival comments section so we can check it out!
And don’t forget to check back here on Thursday when we’ll announce the topic for the September DSMA Blog Carnival!