Health: The Bigger Picture
Last week, I had a nice conversation with George and Scott about health and the bigger picture (listen here). The conversation made me think about the well women’s exam or any other appointment I rescheduled, other than going to visit my Endo. How many times have you cancelled an eye exam, dental appointment or skipped out on your yearly physical? We (you and I) need to stop rescheduling or not making appointments to visit the other important people (Dentist, OB, Podiatrist) that need to be involved in our overall health. Take a look at your overall health and well being-it all affects diabetes. Take time to take care of your mind and body. Trust me your family and diabetes will thank you for it.
1. Diabetes is a physically and financially draining. Does the toll of diabetes affect your overall health? if so, how?
2. How does diabetes fit into the bigger picture of your health?
3. How do your PCP, Endocrinologist and other specialist interact help you focus on your overall health? how would you like them to communicate?
4. Would you like to receive peer support to help you focus on all of your health goals? what type of support would help you?
5. What can we do as a community to help our peers focus on all our individual health goals?