DSMA Blog Carnival – June Round-Up
Blood glucose meters. Insulin pumps. Insulin pens. Injectable and oral medications. Most people with diabetes use one or more of these (or other) devices every day. But how do you choose which diabetes device to use? This month we tackled that topic and asked how you selected your device, and what advice you had for others who are shopping around. Here is what you had to say. . .
- Laddie felt that her experience choosing a pump was a lot like playing Pin the Tail on the Donkey.
- When Pam was pump-shopping for her 2-year old daughter, she found that size mattered most in both dosing ability and in the pump itself.
- Allison suggests these five questions to ask yourself when choosing your device.
- For Jen, insurance coverage and cost are big factors when making a decision.
- Rachel shares a very thorough list of d-technologies and explains how and why they help her.
- Paul is getting ready to start pumping, and liked the fact that one pump was designed with input from people with diabetes in mind.
As always, there were more great posts submitted than we could cover in this round-up, so click over to the blog carnival page for the link to the full list of posts. Didn’t quite get a chance to submit your post this month? Go ahead and write it anyway and leave your link in the June Blog Carnival comments section so we can check it out!
Don’t forget to check back here on Thursday when we’ll announce the topic for the July DSMA Blog Carnival!