DSMA Blog Carnival – May Round-Up
Insurance is helpful when paying the high costs that come with living with a chronic illness. But insurance doesn’t always cover the things we want, or even need, to manage our diabetes well. So this month we asked you to fill in the blanks on the sentence “I wish my insurance company paid for _________because ______________.”. Here is what you said:
- Erin discusses the downsides of her insurance company’s new insulin co-insurance policy.
- Rachel has many insurance wishes, including coverage for the bags and cases we need to bring all of our supplies with us.
- Scott revisits a post from April where he discusses his insurance company’s policy for mental health care.
- Kate thinks insurance companies should cover a little “therapeutic travel” . . . . which is a fantastic idea!
- Pearlsa discusses the fact that her insurance company only covers insulin pumps for T1’s who are under 18 years old.
- Diana Lee would love to reap the physical and mental benefits of insurance coverage for gym memberships.
As always, there were more great posts submitted than we could cover in this round-up, so click over to the blog carnival page for the link to the full list of posts. Didn’t quite get a chance to submit your post this month? Go ahead and write it anyway and leave your link in the May Blog Carnival comments section so we can check it out!
And don’t forget to check back here on Thursday when we’ll announce the topic for the June DSMA Blog Carnival!